The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts is proud to present the 41th Annual Baltimore Farmers' Market & Bazaar
and is now accepting submissions for the 2018 Market season.
The Baltimore Farmers' Market & Bazaar is a producer only market.
Farmers chosen for the Baltimore Farmers' Market & Bazaar, are
chosen for their commitment to the Baltimore regional community with
growing and raising fine products, and keeping the Maryland farming
heritage alive. They are producers and growers, not re-sellers.
BFMB supports the Maryland Money Market Program, SNAP, WIC, and Senior
programs, and we hope for your participation in these important
programs. For more information, please contact the Maryland Farmers
Market Association <email@example.com>.
As Maryland's largest producer Market, we operate on Sundays from April through December starting at 7AM to Noon. The Market is located outdoors, between Holliday Street, Guilford Avenue and Pleasant Street, off of the Pleasant Street exit of the Jones Falls Expressway (I-83). Contracts are for the complete season. Attendance is mandatory. Your space may be forfeited if more than 3 markets are missed.
*Vendors must be set-up by 6:45AM and may not leave before 12:15PM. No moving vehicles allowed onsite between 6:45AM and 12:15PM. You must be off-site by 1:00PM. The Market takes place rain or shine.Key Dates:
Applications Live: Friday, September 1,2017
Applications Due: Monday, January 1, 2018
Notification of Application Status: Week of January 29, 2018
(Accepted Vendors) Contracts Due: Friday, February 12, 2018
Opening Day of Market: April 8, 2018
*Current & Former Vendors*:
- A new application is required every season
- Participation in past Market seasons does not guarantee one's acceptance for future seasons
- The space you have been assigned to in past seasons is not guaranteed for future seasons
* Vendors may load in and out at approved hours only, as stated in the guidelines.
* Vendors may not share, re-sell, or sublet their space.
* Vendors may only sell approved items. There is NO RESELLING allowed.
* Insurance: Accepted Food and Farm Vendors must furnish BOPA with a Certificate of Insurance for General Liability ($1,000,000/$2,000,000 typical with specifics for special insurance needs listed on the contract if selected), and all Vendors must furnish a copy of their Automobile Insurance Card. The certificate needs to name Baltimore Office Of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore as additional insured, and state that the coverage shall be primary to any insurance coverage held by Baltimore Office Of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore with respects to acts or omissions of the licensee.
* Any food sold must be prepared and sold within the guidelines of the Baltimore City Fire and Health Departments, and you must get and have your Health Department Permit posted on-site.
For more information about the BFMB, please contact:
Sandy Lawler, Baltimore Farmers' Market & Bazaar Manager
Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts