2017: Food Vendor Application
annual Artscape, America's largest free arts festival, returns July 21-23,
2017. The festival's theme for 2017 is...
Camp Artscape: Adventure Awaits! offers wondrous possibilities for festival-goers to experience the visual and performing arts in a variety of ways. For many, one of the most exciting parts of summer is taking time to engage in new experiences. Whether at an away camp or a local summer program, it’s something to look forward to all year—truly a staple of the summer season. The same goes for Artscape; it’s just not summer without it! The theme allows all involved to step out of their comfort zone, learn something new, and experience the adventure that awaits in Baltimore.
Artscape hours of operation are Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 22 from 11am-9pm and Sunday, July 23 from 11am-8pm. Artscape After Hours
returns on Friday and Saturday nights on Charles Street (from Preston Street to
North Avenue) from 9-11pm. Artscape takes place rain or shine.
FOOD VENDOR PRICING:
* Grilling Vendors using charcoal/gas grills and/or deep fryers: $3,200 per 10'x10' space
* Cooking Vendors preparing food on-site with griddles or re-heating: $2,400.00 per 10'x10' space
* Pre-made offerings like sandwiches and salads: $2,000.00 per 10'x10' space
* Packaged/Novelty Food Vendors, such as Cookies, Nuts, Desserts (No Cooking or Electrical): $1,000.00 per 10'x10' space
* Food Trucks: $2000.00
* No beer, wine or alcohol vendors permitted. Beverage sales at Artscape are conducted exclusively through the festival producer, the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc. on behalf of the Baltimore Festival of the Arts, Inc.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 10, 2017.
Submitting an application does not automatically imply acceptance. You will be notified by the selection committee if your application has been approved, no later than April 28, 2017. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to all Artscape 2017 Terms And Conditions
Have questions about applying to Artscape? Attend an Artscape Information Sessions:
- Thursday, December 15th; 5:30pm at Motor House (120 W. North Avenue)
- Thursday, January 12th; 5:30pm at Impact Hub (10 E. North Avenue)
- Wednesday, February 1st; 5:30pm at Creative Alliance at The Patterson (3134 Eastern Avenue)
Our Information Sessions are designed to give anyone interested in submitting a proposal or application for Artscape an opportunity to ask questions about the process, hear more about requirements for submitting a proposal, learn more about the festival’s theme, meet up with potential collaborators and hear about locations in the festival footprint that may offer inspiration for a proposal.
All sessions begin at 5:30pm and are one hour in length; patrons are responsible for own parking. Please RSVP to email@example.com and indicate session 1, 2 or 3. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susan Fortkiewicz at 443-263-4347.
APPROVED VENDOR RULES and some DETAILS:
* Vendors may load in and out at approved hours only.
* Vendors must be open for business during all regular hours of Artscape.
* Space fee, plus a separate refundable clean-up deposit of $250.00, is due upon acceptance.
* Vendors may not share, re-sell, or sublet their space.
* Vendors may only sell approved beverages.
* Vendors may only use the Official Ice Vendor.
* Insurance: Accepted vendors must furnish BOPA with a Certificate of Insurance for General Liability ($1,000,000/$2,000,000), by July 1, 2017. The certificate needs to name Baltimore Office Of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore as additional insured, and state that the coverage shall be primary to any insurance coverage held by Baltimore Office Of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore with respects to acts or omissions of the licensee.
* The food sold must be prepared and sold within the guidelines of the Baltimore City Fire and Health Departments.
*Health Dept. major pointers once accepted: 1) Hand Wash Sink w/Hot Water. 2) 3 Compartment "Sink" wash area. 3) Food must be elevated 6" minimum off ground. 4) Temporary Food Permit from the Baltimore City Health Department.
* You must have your Health Department Permit posted on-site.
* All food cooked on premise must have a 2A-10BC Portable Fire Extinguisher. Deep Fryers need a Class K extinguisher.
* Based on location, tenting and signage provided for most cooking vendors.
* Artscape takes place rain or shine.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017
Notification of Application Status: Week of April 17, 2017
(Accepted Vendors) Signed Contracts Due: Friday, April 28, 2017
Payment Due: Friday April 28, 2017
Insurance Certificate Due: July 1, 2017
For more information about the Artscape Food and Beverage program, please contact:
Sandy Lawler, Food and Beverage Manager
Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts
Artscape's Food Vendor Program is a
program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc. (BOPA).
Artscape is produced by the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc.
on behalf of the Baltimore Festival of the Arts, Inc.