2017: Organization/Exhibitor Application
annual Artscape, America's largest free arts festival, returns July 21-23,
2017. The festival's theme for 2017 is...
Camp Artscape: Adventure Awaits! offers wondrous possibilities for festival-goers to experience the visual and performing arts in a variety of ways. For many, one of the most exciting parts of summer is taking time to engage in new experiences. Whether at an away camp or a local summer program, it’s something to look forward to all year—truly a staple of the summer season. The same goes for Artscape; it’s just not summer without it! The theme allows all involved to step out of their comfort zone, learn something new, and experience the adventure that awaits in Baltimore.
hours of operation are Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 23 from 11am-9pm and
Sunday, July 23 from 11am-8pm. Artscape After Hours returns on Friday and
Saturday nights on Charles Street (from Preston Street to North Avenue) from
9-11pm. Artscape takes place rain or shine.
Artscape is now accepting applications from non-profit organizations for the 2017
festival. This year’s theme is camp, and applications integrating the arts with camp/camping, nature and the great outdoors are highly preferred. If your organization has a program that
highlights camp/camping, exploring the intersections between adventure and the arts, we want to spotlight you at this year’s festival.
Exhibition spaces reserved for non-profit organizations at the festival are intended to highlight those that support the visual or performing arts in Baltimore and the surrounding region.
Organizations are encouraged to use Artscape as a marketing and promotional tool. While Festival staff recognizes that Artscape is an excellent opportunity to generate revenue, we require that Organizations featured at Artscape limit the amount of merchandise available for sale in their booth, to 30% of all materials exhibited. BOPA reserves the right to refuse participation by any organization at its sole discretion.
In order to be considered for an Organization space at Artscape, you must be a non-profit and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Arts/Camping/Nature related regionally-based cultural institution
- Arts/Camping/Nature related cultural resource
- Arts/Camping/Nature related educational institution
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 31, 2017.
Submitting an application does not automatically imply acceptance.
Have questions about applying to Artscape? Attend an Artscape Information Sessions:
- Thursday, December 15th; 5:30pm at Motor House (120 W. North Avenue)
- Thursday, January 12th; 5:30pm at Impact Hub (10 E. North Avenue)
- Wednesday, February 1st; 5:30pm at Creative Alliance at The Patterson (3134 Eastern Avenue)
Our Information Sessions are designed to give anyone interested in submitting a proposal or application for Artscape an opportunity to ask questions about the process, hear more about requirements for submitting a proposal, learn more about the festival’s theme, meet up with potential collaborators and hear about locations in the festival footprint that may offer inspiration for a proposal.
All sessions begin at 5:30pm and are one hour in length; patrons are responsible for own parking. Please RSVP to email@example.com and indicate session 1, 2 or 3. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susan Fortkiewicz at 443-263-4347.
Exhibitor Packages are $700 (for a 10' x 10' x7’ space) or $750 (for a 10' x 10' x 10’ space) and include:
- Festival provided tent with sidewall - there are no "stand alone" spaces
- Free access to an electrical outlet and basic overhead lighting
- Overnight roaming security
- On-site Artscape help-line
- Exhibitor Hospitality Welcome at check-in (snacks and bottled water)
- Listing on Artscape website
- A comprehensive exhibitor guide (emailed pre festival) with helpful tips
- Access to over 350,000 potential members over three day
- Exhibitors must keep their space open all hours of the festival weekend, rain or shine.
- Exhibitors may not re-sell, share with an unaccepted exhibitor or sub-let any portion of their space. Any violation of these stipulations by exhibitors will result in expulsion from the festival, and a fee refund will not be given.
- Exhibitors may not bring their own stand-alone/pop-up tent.
- Once you have paid your exhibitor fee, refunds are not issued for any reason.
- By submitting an application, you agree to and accept all festival terms and conditions.
- The festival is not able to provide free parking for its exhibitors. We appreciate your understanding.
Artscape's Organization/Exhibitor component
is a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc. (BOPA).
Artscape is produced by the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc.
on behalf of the Baltimore Festival of the Arts, Inc.