The 22nd annual Baltimore Book Festival, celebrates authors and brings 100,000+ people from all over the world to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for a weekend of “Literary Feasts with Gourmet Eats”.
Imagine sipping a micro brew, nibbling on artisinal cheese, savoring a crepe, or eating a locally made sausage, with a local farmers' fresh salad, while overlooking the harbor... our Food and Beverage program is looking for a few local vendors to create a food environment to enhance the Baltimore Book Festival experience .
BBF hours are September 22, 23 and 24 from 11am-7pm, with initial set-up Thursday, September 21.
FOOD AREA OPPORTUNITIES:
We are looking to pair an assortment of light bites and creative-simple offerings from Baltimore area Chefs, with a small selection of wines and regional craft beers. These prices are a guideline; adjustments maybe made.
* Small Craft Beverage Vendor: $1500.00 plus 10% of sales over $5000.00
* Cooking Vendors: $1800.00 per 10'x10' space plus $200.00 refundable cleaning deposit
* Non-Cooking: Sandwiches (No Cooking, Electrical, Water, etc.): $1,200.00 per 10'x10' space
* Small Carts: Ice Cream/Cookies/Popsicles/Non-Alcoholic Beverages/ $800.00
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2017
Submitting an application does not automatically imply acceptance. You will be notified by the selection committee if your application has been approved, no later than July 30, 2017. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to all BBF 2017 Terms And Conditions
APPROVED VENDOR RULES and some DETAILS:
* Vendors may load in and out at approved hours only, as stated in the guidelines.
* Vendors must be open for business during all regular hours of BBF.
* Space fee, plus a refundable clean-up deposit, is due upon acceptance.
* Vendors may not share, re-sell, or sublet their space.
* Vendors may only sell approved beverages. No alcohol sales permitted unless accepted as a vendor.
* Vendors may only use the Official Ice Vendor.
* Insurance: Accepted vendors must furnish BOPA with a Certificate of Insurance for General Liability($1,000,000/$2,000,000), and Automobile Insurance, 2 weeks before Artscape(specifics for special insurance needs will be listed on the contract if selected). The certificate needs to name Baltimore Office Of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore as additional insured, and state that the coverage shall be primary to any insurance coverage held by Baltimore Office Of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore with respects to acts or omissions of the licensee.
* The food sold must be prepared and sold within the guidelines of the Baltimore City Fire and Health Departments.
*Health Dept. major pointers once accepted: 1) Hand Wash Sink w/Hot Water. 2) 3 Compartment "Sink" wash area. 3) Food must be elevated 6" minimum off ground. 4) Temporary Food Permit from the Baltimore City Health Department.
* You must have your Health Department Permit posted on-site.
* All food cooked on premise must have a 2A-10BC Portable Fire Extinguisher. Deep Fryers need a Class K extinguisher.
* Based on location, tenting and signage provided for most cooking and beverage vendors.
* Baltimore Book Festival takes place rain or shine.
Questions? Or need to brainstorm ideas of how you can get involved?
Contact: Sandy: email@example.com