The Baltimore Book Festival 2017 is now accepting
applications for Single-Day Tablers.
22nd Annual Baltimore Book Festival
September 22-24, 2017
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 7pm
www.BaltimoreBookFestival.org Twitter: #BmoreBookfest IG:
About the Festival: The festival takes place at
Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, home to an array of dining, shopping, and
entertainment options, steps from the water.
Produced by the Baltimore Office Promotion & The Arts, a
501(c)3 non-profit organization serving as Baltimore City's arts council,
events center, and film office.
100% free and open to the public, the Baltimore Book
Festival is the premier celebration of literary arts in the mid-Atlantic region
and draws more than 100,000 visitors. The Baltimore Book Festival does not
collect any commission on exhibitor sales.
What is a Tabler?:
Designed for those who wish to be part of the festival, but
cannot staff a tent for three full days, or fill a tent with merchandise, Tablers
participate for one full day of the festival, from 11am - 7pm. Set up time will
be 9am on the day of participation, breakdown will begin at 7pm. You will have
one 6 foot table, in a single line of other Tablers, all housed within a larger
tent. Tablers will be located directly on the promenade, at an assigned table.
If you are interested in participating for all three
days of the festival, please complete a Literary Exhibitor application at www.BaltimoreBookFestival.org
New for 2017: There is NO application fee!
spaces for Friday, September 22nd are available at the discounted
rate of $150
Single-Day Tabler Package:
***Applications submitted after June 2nd
will incur a $50 late registration fee. All applications are reviewed and
accepted/declined on a rolling basis. The application will be removed from the website
when spaces are sold out.
• $175 per 6' table space within a larger tent, for one day
of the event
• Festival-provided 6-foot table with (1) chair. NO
additional tables or chairs are available from the festival.
•Access to an electrical outlet
• Basic identifying sign
•Listing in the event program
•Listing on the festival website
• Inclusion in festival Press Kit
•A comprehensive Tabler guide (emailed pre-festival)
• The Festival does NOT provide parking. We will email a
list of area garages, to selected Tablers. You can reserve parking in advance
Who can apply:
• Zines / Small Press
• Educational Institution promoting literary arts
• Sellers of literary/book-themed products such as journals,
pens, jewelry, clothing, stationary, e-readers, etc.
• Those promoting a literary-oriented event or resource
• An attraction with a literary connection (or related book)
• Non-Profit or Cultural Organization: if your organization
is not literary in nature, you must propose a STRONG book-themed element as
part of your display
PLEASE NOTE: Media and Commercial space is reserved
for corporate sponsors/Media outlets. Through their generosity, we are able to
keep the Baltimore Book Festival free and open to the public. What
constitutes "commercial space" or "Media Space" is
ultimately at the discretion of BOPA. If you are interested in becoming
a festival sponsor, please contact Ebony Byrd at 443-263-4324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Process Works:
1. Complete application
2. BOPA will review applications on a rolling basis.
3. If accepted, BOPA will email you an invoice for the cost
of your space. Payment is due within 2 weeks of receipt. Payment information will be included in your invoice. BOPA accepts credit card and check payments.
4. Payment not received in full by June 30th,
or will be charged a $50 late fee.
• Tablers must keep their space open and staffed, all hours
of their participation day.
• 80% of materials displayed, sold and distributed must be
related to the literary arts.
• Tablers may not re-sell, share with an unaccepted exhibitor
or sublet any portion of their space. Violations will result in expulsion from
the festival, with no refund.
• Once you have paid your space fee, refunds are not issued
for any reason.
• By submitting an application, you agree to and accept all
festival TERMS and CONDITIONS (click to read and print for your records).
Have a Question? Contact BOPA at 410-752-8632