One of the largest African American festivals on the East Coast- AFRAM festival is a celebration of African American life, music and culture. This family-friendly event is filled with entertainers, children’s activities, arts, history, education, financial literacy, employment & job training, health & wellness, and more. Hosted in Baltimore City’s Druid Hill Park, this 745-acre urban oasis draws crowds of over 100,000 each year! For two days, people from all walks of life come together to enjoy all that AFRAM has to offer.
2019 Dates: Saturday August 10th (Noon-8P) - Sunday, August 11th (Noon-6P)
2019 Location: Druid Hill Park
Attendance: 100,000 visitors
2019 Set- Up Date: Friday, August 9th. Participants MUST set-up this day.
Please include a thoughtful and descriptive proposal with details on your activity/programming; connections to the community and commitment to the spirit of AFRAM are key. Those interested in programming children’s activities, education, financial literacy, employment & job training and health & wellness should utilized this application.
This form is the only method of application.
Fees will be waived for Community Engagement participants who contribute to the festival atmosphere with thoughtful programming and activation.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Participants in the Community Engagement sector may NOT sell any items. The booth space should only be utilized for activities and programming.
Participants must keep their space open and staffed, for all festival hours of operation.
Participants are required to set-up and breakdown their booth/area in the festival-designated time frames.
Stand-alone/pop-up tents are prohibited and unauthorized/unapproved use of any festival space is prohibited. Participant set-up is confined to the purchased tent/location footprint. Storage areas located behind or outside the tent footprint is prohibited.
Amplified sound and/or sound systems in your booth is prohibited.
Bring a heavy-duty outdoor extension cord of at least 25 feet, in order to access electricity for your booth. The festival will not have extension cords to borrow, rent or purchase.
Lighting: Festival provides 1-2 lights per tent only. You will need to plug the lights into the electrical box behind your tent and then turn them on. You may want to bring supplementary lighting for your display.
Signage: Festival provides an individual sign for each participant. You may bring signage and other printed collateral material, but it may not be on the outside of your tent.
Participants may not re-sell, share with an unaccepted exhibitor or sublet any portion of their space – unless approved by the festival director. This includes media partners, corporate sponsors, and any/all third-parties.
Violations will result in expulsion from the festival.
Participants violating the rules of this show or who fail to cooperate with Festival Staff will not be permitted to open.
By submitting an application, you agree to and accept all festival terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Baltimore AFRAM (AFRAM) reserves the right to determine and assign the Participant onsite tent/exhibit location. Our goal is to create a successful experience for all of our participants. However, due to the large-scale nature of the festival’s logistics, AFRAM will not honor Participant's requests to change or move its tent/exhibit location at any time.
2. This application, when properly executed, shall constitute a valid and binding agreement between the Participant and AFRAM. AFRAM reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject any application, or to limit participation in AFRAM.
3. The terms, conditions and directions of the Participant Guidelines, as amended from time to time by AFRAM, shall be provided to Participants no less than seven days prior to the festivals' start dates. The guidelines shall be considered a part of this agreement. Participant is responsible for reviewing the Guidelines carefully and be familiar with its terms and conditions therein.
4. The Participant contact listed on the application portion of this agreement shall be authorized to make all decisions regarding exhibiting at AFRAM.
5. AFRAM takes place rain or shine, however in the case of dangerously inclement weather, AFRAM reserves the right to close or suspend the event. The event will re-open when deemed to be safe by the Baltimore City Fire Department.
6. Under no circumstances shall AFRAM be liable for consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages of any kind in connection with its activities or omissions under this agreement regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable.
7. Failure by Participant to adhere to any provision of this Agreement may result in cancellation of this agreement.
8. Participants may not assign this agreement or trade, sell, share or otherwise transfer the advertising or exhibiting rights provided for in this agreement.
9. Waiver of any term of this agreement or failure of AFRAM to terminate this agreement on account of any breach by Participant shall not be deemed a waiver of AFRAM’s rights to subsequently enforce any term or to terminate this contract by reason of any subsequent breach by Participant.
10. Participant agrees that no representations of any kind have been made to Participant by AFRAM or by any of its agents and that no understanding has been made or agreement entered into other than as set forth herein.
11. Upon request, AFRAM will provide insurance broker contact information for the event.
Liability and Insurance
1. Participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AFRAM, the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, its elected/appointed officials, employees, agents, and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, suits, and actions including attorney’s fees and court costs, connected therewith, brought against AFRAM, the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, its elected/appointed officials, employees, agents, and volunteers arising as a result of any direct or indirect, willful, or negligent act of omission of the Participant, its employees, agents, or volunteers, EXCEPT for activities caused by the sole negligent act or omission of AFRAM, the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, its elected/appointed officials, employees, agents, and volunteers arising out of this contract/agreement.
2. AFRAM, sponsors and the employees, representatives and agents of each shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, costs and charges (including attorneys’ fees and costs) for injury, loss or damage to property or persons (including death) arising out of Participant’s activities in connection with AFRAM, or any breach of representation, warranty or covenant in this agreement.
3. The Participant is an independent contractor under this contract and has no employee, partnership, co-venture, agent or other such relationship with AFRAM.
4. The Participant is solely responsible for securing appropriate insurance to cover his/her operations, including storage at an on-site location if provided by AFRAM, in such amounts as he/she may deem necessary. AFRAM has no responsibility for any damage or loss of property of the Participant. Participant is advised to carry insurance for their business. If you do not carry a business insurance policy, you are advised to consider one-day or multi-day event insurance from a qualified insurance company. Proof of insurance is required from the Participant at check-in and should be available for inspection throughout Festival duration.
5. The Participant agrees to have as a minimum requirement Automobile Liability Insurance with a limit no less than $100,000.00 combined single limit each accident for use of owned, hired and non-owned vehicles used on festival site. Proof of Automobile Liability Insurance is required from the Participant at check-in and should be available for inspection throughout Festival weekend.
ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT
1. Should the Participant fail to fulfill any of his/her obligations pursuant to this agreement, AFRAM may terminate this agreement upon notice to Participant.
2. Each provision of this agreement shall be deemed to be a separate, severable, and independently enforceable provision. The invalidity or breach of any provision shall not cause the invalidity or breach of the remaining provisions or of the agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
3. This agreement shall in all respects be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Maryland and subject to the jurisdiction of its courts. Furthermore, the parties hereto agree that any suits or actions brought by either party against the other shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction in Baltimore City.
4. This agreement, together with any exhibits or attachments, contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other agreements or representations between them, whether oral or written. No provisions of this agreement may be amended, waived or modified except by a written agreement signed by both parties.
Submission of on-line application shall constitute agreement with all conditions in this prospectus. Questions? Contact Taylor Kleiner, Festivals Logistics and Operations Coordinator (via firstname.lastname@example.org or direct dial 443-263-4329).