CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE APPLICATION PROSPECTUS
ARTSCAPE 2019: Gamescape - Designers and Developers Application
Gamescape showcases video games and the creative people who make them. Developers and designers are invited to promote their work through demos and panels.
Storytelling, good drawing skills, animation, 3D modeling and the art of conceiving ideas are important to the gaming field. While video games are a blend of art and technology, it’s the art that is at the forefront. With it, game developers tell stories that illicit such emotions as joy, satisfaction, and horror; creating an experience that can be both entertaining and enlightening. Applications should portray how you plan to actively engage the audience.
Gamescape is located in The Mebane Turner Learning Commons at University of Baltimore (1415 Maryland Avenue).
Any game developer or designer is eligible to apply. If applying as a team, the team should be declared in the Interest Statement, specifying a team leader to receive notifications. Developers are encouraged to submit games for any platform, as long as they are able to provide the equipment necessary to demo the game themselves. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Submissions will be curated and reviewed by Artscape staff.
1. Complete Application: Interested applicants must fill in all parts of the form that follows this application for Game Developers and Designers.
2. Interest Statement: Briefly describe your experience, approach, and design concept for this project.
3. Working Game Demo/Images: Applicants should submit a working demo of the game that they would like to be considered for inclusion in this exhibition. In the absence of a working demo, screenshots and a brief description will be allowed. Images should be uploaded onto a CD, be in jpeg format, be no larger than 2MB in size per image, and numbered accordingly to the submitted annotated image list. Selected participants will need to provide for their own technology needs such as hardware, internet access, cables, etc.
4. Annotated Image List: In the absence of a working Game Demo images submitted must be accompanied by a numbered image list with descriptions related to each image submitted.
This form is the only method of application. Applying does not grant acceptance.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed nor considered.
Applications will not be accepted nor reviewed after the application deadline (11:59pm Monday, March 11, 2019).
Rules & Regulations
· Participants agree that BOPA and BFAI Inc. have the right to reproduce digital images or the reproductions of selected works for publicity and/or marketing purposes.
· Exhibitors must keep their space open and staffed, for all festival hours of operation.
· Participants are required to set-up and breakdown their booth/area in the festival-designated time frames.
· Stand-alone/pop-up tents are prohibited.
· Unauthorized/unapproved use of any festival space is prohibited.
· Exhibitor set-up is confined to a designated table.
· The festival will provide each applicant one  table and two  chairs.
· Storage areas are not provided; pack smart/light as any items will need to be stored underneath your table/exhibit space.
· Your materials must fit into your designated space, and be designed to separate you from your neighbors.
· Electricity: You will have access basic power. Bring a heavy-duty outdoor extension cord of at least 25 feet in order to access electricity for your space. The festival will not have extension cords to borrow, rent or purchase.
· Lighting: You may want to bring supplementary lighting for your display.
· Signage: BOPA provides an individual sign for each exhibitor. You may bring signage and other printed collateral material.
· Be courteous to your neighbors.
· Exhibitors are required close their spaces each night. Exhibitors are permitted to keep their display and materials in their space overnight at their own discretion.
· Exhibitors may not re-sell, share with an unaccepted exhibitor or sublet any portion of their space – unless approved by the festival director. This includes media partners, corporate sponsors, and any/all third-parties. Violations will result in expulsion from the festival, with no refund.
· Exhibitors violating the rules of this show or who fail to cooperate with the Festival Staff will not be permitted to exhibit. The show will be monitored for misrepresentation and we reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved items from the show.
By submitting an application, you agree to and accept all festival terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc. (BOPA) and the Baltimore Festival of the Arts, Inc. (BFAI) reserves the right to determine and assign the Vendors onsite tent/exhibit location. Our goal is to create a successful experience for all of our participants. However, due to the large-scale nature of the festival’s logistics, BOPA will not honor Vendors requests to change or move its tent/exhibit location at any time. 2. This application, when properly executed, shall constitute a valid and binding agreement between the Vendor and the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc. (BOPA). BOPA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject any application, or to limit participation in Artscape. 3. The terms, conditions and directions of the Vendor Guidelines, as amended from time to time by BOPA, shall be provided to Vendors no less than seven days prior to Artscape. The guidelines shall be considered a part of this agreement. Vendor is responsible for reviewing the Guidelines carefully and be familiar with its terms and conditions therein. 4. The Vendor contact listed on the application portion of this agreement shall be authorized to make all decisions regarding exhibiting at Artscape. 5. If Vendor is selling, Vendor shall pay all sales or other taxes, fees and assessments required by any applicable federal, state or local law in connection with Vendor’s participation in Artscape. Vendor shall hold BFAI and BOPA harmless for any taxes (including fees and penalties, if any) required to be paid in connection with the Vendor’s activities under this contract. Vendor shall provide BOPA with all requested documentation to evidence Vendor’s compliance with tax laws and rules. 6. Once Vendor is accepted, invoiced and paid for the festival; full or partial refunds will not be issued if the Vendor cancels their space for any reason. 7. Artscape takes place rain or shine, however in the case of dangerously inclement weather, Artscape reserves the right to close or suspend the event. The event will re-open when deemed to be safe by the Baltimore City Fire Department. Full or partial refunds will not be issued. 8. Under no circumstances shall BFAI or BOPA be liable for consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages of any kind in connection with its activities or omissions under this agreement regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable. 9. Failure by Vendor to adhere to any provision of this Agreement may result in cancellation of this agreement. 10. Vendor may not assign this agreement or trade, sell, share or otherwise transfer the advertising or exhibiting rights provided for in this agreement. 11. Waiver of any term of this agreement or failure of BOPA to terminate this agreement on account of any breach by Vendor shall not be deemed a waiver of BOPA’s rights to subsequently enforce any term or to terminate this contract by reason of any subsequent breach by Vendor. 12. Vendor agrees that no representations of any kind have been made to Vendor by BOPA or by any of its agents and that no understanding has been made or agreement entered into other than as set forth herein. 13. Upon request, BOPA will provide insurance broker contact information for the event.
Liability and Insurance: 1. Vendor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Baltimore Office of Promotion and The Arts, Inc.(BOPA), the Baltimore Festival of the Arts, Inc., the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, its elected/appointed officials, employees, agents, and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, suits, and actions including attorney’s fees and court costs, connected therewith, brought against the Baltimore Office of Promotion and The Arts, Inc., the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, its elected/appointed officials, employees, agents, and volunteers arising as a result of any direct or indirect, willful, or negligent act of omission of the Vendor, its employees, agents, or volunteers, EXCEPT for activities caused by the sole negligent act or omission of BOPA, BFAI, the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore, its elected/appointed officials, employees, agents, and volunteers arising out of this contract/agreement. 2. BOPA, sponsors and the employees, representatives and agents of each shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, costs and charges (including attorneys’ fees and costs) for injury, loss or damage to property or persons (including death) arising out of Vendor’s activities in connection with Artscape, or any breach of representation, warranty or covenant in this agreement. 3. The Vendor is an independent contractor under this contract and has no employee, partnership, co-venture, agent or other such relationship with Artscape/BFAI or BOPA. 4. The Vendor is solely responsible for securing appropriate insurance to cover his/her operations, including storage at an on-site location if provided by Artscape, in such amounts as he/she may deem necessary. Artscape has no responsibility for any damage or loss of property of the Vendor. Vendor is advised to carry insurance for their business. If you do not carry a business insurance policy, you are advised to consider one-day or multi-day event insurance from a qualified insurance company. Proof of insurance is required from the Vendor at check-in and should be available for inspection throughout Festival weekend. 5. The Vendor agrees to have as a minimum requirement Automobile Liability Insurance with a limit no less than $100,000.00 combined single limit each accident for use of owned, hired and non-owned vehicles used on festival site. Proof of Automobile Liability Insurance is required from the Vendor at check-in and should be available for inspection throughout Festival weekend.
About This Agreement: 1. Should the Vendor fail to fulfill any of his/her obligations pursuant to this agreement, BOPA/BFAI may terminate this agreement upon notice to Vendor. 2. Each provision of this agreement shall be deemed to be a separate, severable, and independently enforceable provision. The invalidity or breach of any provision shall not cause the invalidity or breach of the remaining provisions or of the agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. 3. This agreement shall in all respects be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Maryland and subject to the jurisdiction of its courts. Furthermore, the parties hereto agree that any suits or actions brought by either party against the other shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction in Baltimore City. 4. This agreement, together with any exhibits or attachments, contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other agreements or representations between them, whether oral or written. No provisions of this agreement may be amended, waived or modified except by a written agreement signed by both parties.
Submission of on-line application shall constitute agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.
Questions? Contact Susan Fortkiewicz, Festivals Manager via email or 443-263-4347.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE APPLICATION PROSPECTUS